This is an abridged version of the International vocabulary of metrology - Basic and general concepts and associated terms (VIM)
(JCGM 200:2012, 3rd edition) (or VIM3), supplemented by annotations for some of the entries.
It is an online, interactively browsable document produced by Working Group 2 of the Joint Committee for Guides in Metrology (JCGM/WG 2).
With respect to the VIM3 version that can be freely downloaded in pdf format
from the BIPM site, JCGM section,
this annotated version has the following features:
- all definitions, notes, and examples of the VIM3 are taken without modification from the VIM3 itself;
- the VIM3 Foreword, Introduction, Conventions, Scope, Annex, Bibliography, and List of acronyms are omitted;
- an Alphabetical index is included;
- in definitions, notes, and examples terms designating concepts defined in the VIM3 are hyperlinked;
- some annotations are included, aimed at further clarification or comment on specific definitions, notes, or examples.
The JCGM decided that the annotations are informative and not normative.
They are exclusively developed by JCGM/WG2,
according to procedures agreed by the JCGM.
Any suggestion is welcome.